McCain, Flake warn: Obama to designate Grand Canyon Heritage National Monument
Arizona’s U.S. senators raised an alarm on Wednesday over hints that President Barack Obama is ready to designate a Grand Canyon-area national monument that they oppose.
Republican Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake sent a joint letter to U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack seeking a briefing on “reports from within the administration that there are final efforts underway” to carve something like a proposed 1.7 million-acre national monument out of Kaibab National Forest lands on either side of Grand Canyon National Park.
State leaders have cautioned against a new monument... read more
- 20:49 Diamondbacks catcher Alex Avila is off to a rough start at the plate
- 18:32 ASU football podcast: Reviewing the first spring under coach Herm...
- 18:28 No. 8 ASU softball hosts No. 13 Arizona looking to solidify NCAA...
- 18:20 2004 fraud case causes sparks in GOP party leader's race
- 17:50 Texasâ ârevenge pornâ law struck down by state appeals court
- 17:42 Rudy Giuliani to join Trump legal team in Russia probe
- 16:25 Arizona high school basketball, volleyball player Brandon Kwan, who...
- 15:45 NFL schedule rumors: Arizona Cardinals at Green Bay Packers in...
- 15:41 'Dance Moms' star Miller has cancer, underwent spine surgery
- 15:06 Poll: Most Texas voters oppose border wall