McCain, Flake warn: Obama to designate Grand Canyon Heritage National Monument
Arizona’s U.S. senators raised an alarm on Wednesday over hints that President Barack Obama is ready to designate a Grand Canyon-area national monument that they oppose.
Republican Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake sent a joint letter to U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack seeking a briefing on “reports from within the administration that there are final efforts underway” to carve something like a proposed 1.7 million-acre national monument out of Kaibab National Forest lands on either side of Grand Canyon National Park.
State leaders have cautioned against a new monument... read more
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana