McCain, Flake warn: Obama to designate Grand Canyon Heritage National Monument
Arizona’s U.S. senators raised an alarm on Wednesday over hints that President Barack Obama is ready to designate a Grand Canyon-area national monument that they oppose.
Republican Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake sent a joint letter to U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack seeking a briefing on “reports from within the administration that there are final efforts underway” to carve something like a proposed 1.7 million-acre national monument out of Kaibab National Forest lands on either side of Grand Canyon National Park.
State leaders have cautioned against a new monument... read more
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt
- 06:38 John Cornyn picks fight with Beto, gets battle with Houston police...
- 01:23 Review underway for Russia probe documents ordered released
- 01:23 Trump praises Kavanaugh, says everyone will be heard out
- 00:45 Trump imposes tariffs on $200B more of Chinese goods