Mecklenburg commissioners pay tribute to former member Dan Ramirez
Mecklenburg County commissioners on Tuesday paid tribute to Republican Dan Ramirez, the county's first and only Latino commissioner who died Sunday.
Ramirez, first elected to a two-year term in 2002 and again in 2006, was portrayed by Democrats and Republicans as a thoughtful, kindly commissioner who looked after people from all backgrounds.
Democrat commissioner Dumont Clarke said he sat next to Ramirez during one of his terms, sharing experiences on fathering young daughters.
“There are people in the world you always feel better after engaging them,” Clarke said.... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco