Mecklenburg commissioners pay tribute to former member Dan Ramirez
Mecklenburg County commissioners on Tuesday paid tribute to Republican Dan Ramirez, the county's first and only Latino commissioner who died Sunday.
Ramirez, first elected to a two-year term in 2002 and again in 2006, was portrayed by Democrats and Republicans as a thoughtful, kindly commissioner who looked after people from all backgrounds.
Democrat commissioner Dumont Clarke said he sat next to Ramirez during one of his terms, sharing experiences on fathering young daughters.
“There are people in the world you always feel better after engaging them,” Clarke said.... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike