Median planned for dangerous Pennbrooke Fairways intersection
Pennbrooke Fairways residents have been fighting for a traffic light at the entrance of their senior community since neighbor Everitt Perlstein, 87, died after a car crash.
Florida Department of Transportation officials don't recommend a light at the intersection of Countryside Boulevard and State Road 44, which Perlstein was attempting to cross when his car collided with another in 2010.
Instead, they're proposing to install a median that would prevent drivers from making a left hand turn from the community - an idea residents previously rejected. A public workshop about the project will... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents