Memphis fires Tubby Smith after two seasons. Will Penny Hardaway be his successor?
CLOSE Tubby Smith leaves his meeting with Memphis President David Rudd and Athletic Director. He will not be returning as the Tigers coach next year.
Tubby Smith said Wednesday he is no longer the men's basketball coach at Memphis.
The decision was delivered during an 11:30 a.m. meeting between Smith, university president M. David Rudd and athletic director Tom Bowen on campus. It ended more than a week of speculation about Smith's job security.
Smith, 66, just completed his second season at Memphis and finished with a 40-26 overall record. But rumors swirled about his future... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world
- 18:52 Trump claims Gov. Cuomo told him he wouldn't run against him
- 18:42 Gun issued to gubernatorial candidate Lupe Valdez goes missing
- 16:47 Santa Fe shooting prompts jump in number of Texas school marshals,...