Mercury lose Game 1 to Los Angeles Sparks in WNBA semifinals
LOS ANGELES - The Mercury's frustration against the Los Angeles Sparks during the regular season extended into their first game in the WNBA semifinals Tuesday night.
Though Leilani Mitchell scored 19 points, a career high in the playoffs, the Mercury suffered a 79-66 loss to the Sparks at the Staples Center.
The Mercury have lost all four games they've played this year against the Sparks, who can take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-five series Thursday night at Long Beach State's Walter Pyramid.
MORE: WNBA playoff bracket
Mitchell made five of seven shots from 3-point range and five of 10... read more
- 18:25 Science fiction writer Ursula K. Le Guin has died
- 18:24 Unlicensed Arizona contractor going to prison for remodeling scam
- 18:04 Turner press aide who conducted personal business on city time...
- 18:00 Arizona Cardinals coach Steve Wilks lauded as 'great leader' by...
- 18:00 Scottsdale Christian continues string of Phoenix-area high school...
- 17:43 Homeless Arizona man stored human head in campsite bucket,...
- 17:39 Cave Creek Cactus Shadows soccer team rallies around coach's...
- 17:16 Police confident of murder conviction despite failure to locate...
- 17:12 Libertarian Nicholas Sarwark running for Phoenix mayor
- 16:51 Chilean 'anti-poet' Nicanor Parra dies at 103