Mercury lose Game 1 to Los Angeles Sparks in WNBA semifinals
LOS ANGELES - The Mercury's frustration against the Los Angeles Sparks during the regular season extended into their first game in the WNBA semifinals Tuesday night.
Though Leilani Mitchell scored 19 points, a career high in the playoffs, the Mercury suffered a 79-66 loss to the Sparks at the Staples Center.
The Mercury have lost all four games they've played this year against the Sparks, who can take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-five series Thursday night at Long Beach State's Walter Pyramid.
MORE: WNBA playoff bracket
Mitchell made five of seven shots from 3-point range and five of 10... read more
- 18:51 Glendale police: Man in 2 sexual assaults posed as police officer
- 18:40 Young Republicans: Moore victory 'will not be a win for our party'
- 18:33 Gila County official charged in Minnesota with child abuse shortly...
- 18:12 Scooter Molander steps down as Brophy Prep football coach
- 18:09 Arizona Cardinals release running back Andre Ellington
- 18:03 Republic of Texas map back in official hands, after 173 years
- 17:19 So close: St. Mary's Food Bank just 1,500 turkeys away from...
- 17:18 Arizona high school boys basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 17:04 Arizona high school girls basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 16:54 Melania Trump takes custody of White House Christmas tree