Mercury lose Game 1 to Los Angeles Sparks in WNBA semifinals
LOS ANGELES - The Mercury's frustration against the Los Angeles Sparks during the regular season extended into their first game in the WNBA semifinals Tuesday night.
Though Leilani Mitchell scored 19 points, a career high in the playoffs, the Mercury suffered a 79-66 loss to the Sparks at the Staples Center.
The Mercury have lost all four games they've played this year against the Sparks, who can take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-five series Thursday night at Long Beach State's Walter Pyramid.
MORE: WNBA playoff bracket
Mitchell made five of seven shots from 3-point range and five of 10... read more
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care
- 21:03 Texas is an abortion desert, with or without Trump's 'gag rule'
- 19:04 Trump steering clear of messy House immigration fight
- 17:55 Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- 17:55 Lupe Valdez makes payments on overdue taxes
- 17:40 Trump-Macron tree faces at least 2 years in quarantine
- 17:20 Trump makes it easier to fire federal workers for misconduct