Mercury lose Game 1 to Los Angeles Sparks in WNBA semifinals
LOS ANGELES - The Mercury's frustration against the Los Angeles Sparks during the regular season extended into their first game in the WNBA semifinals Tuesday night.
Though Leilani Mitchell scored 19 points, a career high in the playoffs, the Mercury suffered a 79-66 loss to the Sparks at the Staples Center.
The Mercury have lost all four games they've played this year against the Sparks, who can take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-five series Thursday night at Long Beach State's Walter Pyramid.
MORE: WNBA playoff bracket
Mitchell made five of seven shots from 3-point range and five of 10... read more
- 16:20 White House names Erin Nealy Cox as top federal prosecutor in Dallas
- 16:17 It's huntin' season for Cardinals linebacker Markus Golden and...
- 15:46 NL wild card race: Will Diamondbacks face Rockies, Brewers or...
- 15:27 State report: Arizona's Medicaid program would lose $10.4 billion...
- 15:06 Dr. William Butler, former president, historian of Baylor College...
- 15:04 Ezekiel Elliott drama surrounds Cowboys entering Monday Night...
- 14:51 ASU football vs. Oregon Ducks: Scouting report and prediction
- 13:46 Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- 13:31 Harris County could see budget cuts due to Hurricane Harvey's...
- 13:20 Rutgers football avoids major penalties, as NCAA issues ruling on...