Mercury trade Danielle Robinson to Lynx for 2018 first-round draft pick
The Phoenix Mercury made another major offseason move Tuesday, trading point guard Danielle Robinson to the Minnesota Lynx.
The Mercury are obtaining Minnesota's first-round draft pick (No. 12 overall) for Robinson, who started much of 2017 in her only season with the Mercury, and a 2019 second-round pick.
That currently leaves Phoenix with two first-round picks (8, 12) and two second-round picks (20, 21) although the Robinson trade could be the precursor to another deal.
Robinson was expendable in part because of the emergence of Leilani Mitchell as starting point guard late last season.... read more
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...
- 15:52 Jets emerging as 'serious' contender to sign Ndamukong Suh, per report
- 15:41 Rochester Amerks 'humble' legend Dick Gamble dies
- 14:55 NFL players: Study to detect CTE markers in the living needs you
- 14:52 First lady recognizes 10 women with global courage awards