Mesa City Council appoints Francisco Heredia to replace Ryan Winkle
The Mesa City Council voted, 5-1, Thursday to appoint Francisco Heredia to the District 3 seat left vacant by Ryan Winkle.
"There's a lot of things that are happening in District 3 and across the city," Heredia said. "There's a learning curve, of course."
Kevin Thompson was the lone "nay" vote on the council, which interviewed four candidates. The fifth finalist, Christian Stumpf, withdrew from consideration.
The city clerk swore Heredia into office immediately after the appointment was approved. The council also will also hold a formal swearing-in ceremony... read more
- 02:40 Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- 00:49 Trump: Allies concerned about declassifying Russia papers
- 23:50 Trump stumping for Sen. Dean Heller in Las Vegas
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches