Mesa couple accused of falsely reporting daughter missing arrested at airport
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE What is a Silent Witness and how do you become one?
A Mesa couple who police say falsely reported their daughter and her son missing to avoid sharing custody of the boy were arrested Wednesday morning at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, officials said.
Roland and Cassandra Jones, parents of 19-year-old Madeline Jones, were taken into custody around 10:30 a.m. as they were preparing to board a plane, according to Detective Steven Berry, spokesman with Mesa police.
Additional details on the couple's status were not immediately provided by police.
Mesa police on... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it