Mesa couple accused of falsely reporting daughter missing arrested at airport
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE What is a Silent Witness and how do you become one?
A Mesa couple who police say falsely reported their daughter and her son missing to avoid sharing custody of the boy were arrested Wednesday morning at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, officials said.
Roland and Cassandra Jones, parents of 19-year-old Madeline Jones, were taken into custody around 10:30 a.m. as they were preparing to board a plane, according to Detective Steven Berry, spokesman with Mesa police.
Additional details on the couple's status were not immediately provided by police.
Mesa police on... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case