Mesa man sentenced to life in prison for performing sex acts on toddler
A Mesa man on Wednesday was sentenced to life in prison for taking explicit video and performing sex acts on a 2-year-old girl he was baby-sitting.
Daniel Divit, 52, will be eligible for parole in 35 years, according to the sentence imposed by Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Danielle Viola.
Divit pleaded no contest on Sept. 2 to two charges of sexual conduct with a minor and attempted molestation of a child in July and August 2015.
Divit received the life sentence on the sexual-offense charge and lifetime supervised probation on the attempted molestation. He was given credit for 437... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...