Mesa man sentenced to life in prison for performing sex acts on toddler
A Mesa man on Wednesday was sentenced to life in prison for taking explicit video and performing sex acts on a 2-year-old girl he was baby-sitting.
Daniel Divit, 52, will be eligible for parole in 35 years, according to the sentence imposed by Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Danielle Viola.
Divit pleaded no contest on Sept. 2 to two charges of sexual conduct with a minor and attempted molestation of a child in July and August 2015.
Divit received the life sentence on the sexual-offense charge and lifetime supervised probation on the attempted molestation. He was given credit for 437... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...