Mesa police, man exchange gunfire; incident ends with arrest, no injuries, officials say
CLOSE What is a Silent Witness and how do you become one?
A man surrendered early Thursday after exchanging gunfire with Mesa police officers, officials said. There were no injuries.
Officers responded to the incident near Stapley Drive and McLellan Road around 1:30 a.m., according to Detective Nik Rasheta with the Mesa Police Department.
The original call reported a protection-order violation, in which a man was at a home he was not supposed to be, Rasheta said.
While officers were at the home, both the suspect and officers exchanged gunfire, according to Rasheta. The man then barricaded... read more
- 00:45 Trump embraces longtime US foe Putin, doubting own intel
- 00:45 Republicans join Democrats in condemning Trump's remarks
- 00:32 Summit takeaways: Trump doubts intel, plays trusted friend
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case