Mesa police, man exchange gunfire; incident ends with arrest, no injuries, officials say
CLOSE What is a Silent Witness and how do you become one?
A man surrendered early Thursday after exchanging gunfire with Mesa police officers, officials said. There were no injuries.
Officers responded to the incident near Stapley Drive and McLellan Road around 1:30 a.m., according to Detective Nik Rasheta with the Mesa Police Department.
The original call reported a protection-order violation, in which a man was at a home he was not supposed to be, Rasheta said.
While officers were at the home, both the suspect and officers exchanged gunfire, according to Rasheta. The man then barricaded... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health