Mexico, Nigeria play to 0-0 draw in friendly
ATLANTA -- Raul Jimenez's late header for Mexico went just wide in a 0-0 draw with Nigeria in an international friendly Wednesday at the Georgia Dome.
The game between World Cup qualifiers attracted 68,212 fans, the largest crowd for a football match in Atlanta. The previous record was 54,229 for a 2013 Gold Cup doubleheader that included Mexico.
Nigerian backup goalkeeper Austin Ejide, a late substitute for Vincent Enyeama, had to make a couple of saves in the final 10 minutes, but he would not have reached Jimenez's shot if it were on target. Jimenez got to a corner at the far post and... read more
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend