Mexico, Nigeria play to 0-0 draw in friendly
ATLANTA -- Raul Jimenez's late header for Mexico went just wide in a 0-0 draw with Nigeria in an international friendly Wednesday at the Georgia Dome.
The game between World Cup qualifiers attracted 68,212 fans, the largest crowd for a football match in Atlanta. The previous record was 54,229 for a 2013 Gold Cup doubleheader that included Mexico.
Nigerian backup goalkeeper Austin Ejide, a late substitute for Vincent Enyeama, had to make a couple of saves in the final 10 minutes, but he would not have reached Jimenez's shot if it were on target. Jimenez got to a corner at the far post and... read more
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana