Mexico to investigate column insulting maids
MEXICO CITY Mexico's National Council to Prevent Discrimination says it will launch an investigation of an online magazine column accusing maids of being "ungrateful, whining, abusive thieves."
The column published in the online entertainment-oriented publication "Diario Basta" earlier this week has drawn stiff criticism for allegedly insulting people based on social class, gender and occupation.
Such discriminatory language is against the law in Mexico, but freedom of expression also enjoys broad protection.
The council said Wednesday that 41 members of congress had... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing