Miami cops must check guns at the door at City Hall following protest
Miami police officers will have to check their guns at the door the next time they attend a city commission meeting.
A new administrative rule prohibits officers from carrying firearms into City Hall while the commission is in session — unless the officer is assigned to City Hall or is handling a call.
This latest edict comes after an unruly protest last month where dozens of Miami police union members stormed the chambers, interrupting a commission meeting because of what they described as unfair cuts to their benefits.
Mayor Tomás Regalado and Police Chief Manuel Orosa... read more
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...