Miami cops must check guns at the door at City Hall following protest
Miami police officers will have to check their guns at the door the next time they attend a city commission meeting.
A new administrative rule prohibits officers from carrying firearms into City Hall while the commission is in session — unless the officer is assigned to City Hall or is handling a call.
This latest edict comes after an unruly protest last month where dozens of Miami police union members stormed the chambers, interrupting a commission meeting because of what they described as unfair cuts to their benefits.
Mayor Tomás Regalado and Police Chief Manuel Orosa... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike