Michelle Obama announces week of action to sign up voters
WASHINGTON (AP) — Michelle Obama is marking the 53rd anniversary of the Voting Rights Act by urging Americans to participate in a week of action to get people signed up to vote.
The former first lady, a co-chairwoman of a nonpartisan organization to encourage voting, announced Monday that the When We All Vote Week of Action will be held Sept. 22-29.
She said members of When We All Vote will be traveling the country to register voters and get them excited about the November midterm elections, when Democrats hope to capitalize on a wave of anger against President Donald Trump and take back... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'