Michigan landfill might be mined for recyclables
The state says a company wants to buy a Genesee County landfill and possibly mine it for buried recyclables in an operation that would be unique in Michigan.
The Flint Journal reports Clarkston-based TerRenova offered $1 million for the shuttered Richfield Landfill in Richfield Township, about 50 miles northwest of Detroit.
The state Department of Environmental Quality says the proposed mining hasn't been detailed in writing but has been discussed in meetings with TerRenova. The DEQ says TerRenova also is considering a waste-to-energy operation on the 272-acre property.
TerRenova has been... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House