Michigan State names Bill Beekman as interim athletic director
CLOSE Mark Hollis retires as Michigan State's athletic director in the wake of the Larry Nassar sexual assault scandal.
EAST LANSING - Not even a week onto the job, John Engler is making his presence felt as Michigan State's interim president.
Engler appointed Bill Beekman as the university's interim athletic director, according to a news release issued Monday, and MSU will not hire a permanent athletic director from within the school's athletic department.
That is a change of direction from what two university sources told the Free Press last week shortly before the MSU Board of... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died