Mick McCabe: Josh Jackson and Detroit Consortium beat Mt. Clemens
The West Bloomfield gym was packed Tuesday night, but the crowd was not there to see No. 1 Mt. Clemens play No. 2 Detroit Consortium in a Class C quarterfinal game.
They weren't even there to see the state championship game, which is ultimately what this game became.
The overflow crowd was there to see Consortium sophomore sensation Josh Jackson. It really didn't matter which team he played for, they just wanted to see him play.
Jackson, 6-feet-6, is ranked among the best sophomores in the country and he showed flashes of brilliance in the first half when he scored 11 points and played... read more
- 09:24 New data: Americans filling far fewer opioid prescriptions
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...