Missing Americans freed in Iraq
Three Americans abducted in Iraq last month have been freed by Iraqi security forces, the U.S. State Department said Tuesday.
The department issued a statement thanking the Iraqi government for securing release of the Americans reported as missing from the al-Dawra neighborhood of Baghdad.
"We sincerely appreciate the assistance provided by the Government of Iraq, and its whole-of-government effort to bring about the safe release of these individual," the statement said. "Specifically, we express our gratitude to the Iraqi Security Forces, and in particular the Ministry of... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...