MLB protective netting: Diamondbacks extend safety nets at Chase Field
The Diamondbacks will extend the netting at Chase Field to the far end of each dugout for the 2018 regular season.
The team says the extensions, now common throughout Major League Baseball, will likely have only a limited effect on the fan experience while maximizing safety.
“We have long prided ourselves on providing the most fan-friendly environment in all of sports and at the top of those priorities is safety,” Diamondbacks President & CEO Derrick Hall said in a team statement.
“Thousands of the best seats in the ballpark behind home plate have always been behind a protective net... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today