MLS Preview from The Sports Network (ET)
D.C. United (1-2-1) at Kansas City (2-1-2), 8:30 p.m. Sporting Kansas City will put its stout defensive form on the line when the club faces D.C. United at Sporting Park on Friday.
Kansas City, boasting a 2-1-2 record through its first five games of the season, has not conceded a goal since falling to Toronto FC by a 2-1 score on March 9.
The shutout streak reached 339 minutes following the club's 2-0 defeat of the Montreal Impact last time out, but goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen was quick to downplay its importance.
"That streak doesn't really matter," said Nielsen. "All that... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike