Mnuchin: Media should worry less about Trump rally comments
WASHINGTON (AP) — Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says reporters should pay less attention to President Donald Trump's rally speeches and more attention to his policies.
Trump at a rally Saturday night urged his audience to be nice to North Korea's Kim Jong Un and used an expletive to bash an American reporter.
And he goaded the crowd into booing the free press.
It was just the latest example of Trump's contentious relationship with those who cover him.
Trump critics like Republican Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake say it's setting a dangerous precedent.
But defenders like Mnuchin are brushing off... read more
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat