Mnuchin: Media should worry less about Trump rally comments
WASHINGTON (AP) — Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says reporters should pay less attention to President Donald Trump's rally speeches and more attention to his policies.
Trump at a rally Saturday night urged his audience to be nice to North Korea's Kim Jong Un and used an expletive to bash an American reporter.
And he goaded the crowd into booing the free press.
It was just the latest example of Trump's contentious relationship with those who cover him.
Trump critics like Republican Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake say it's setting a dangerous precedent.
But defenders like Mnuchin are brushing off... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes