Mom guilty in 16-month-old son's death from Benadryl
A 34-year-old Michigan woman put her hand over her mouth and stared at the jury after the foreman announced she was guilty of murdering her son.
Elizabeth Long faces up to life in prison after she was convicted of second-degree murder and second-degree child abuse in the death of 16-month-old Lukas.
A jury of 12 reached its verdict in about an hour and 20 minutes of deliberations. Long will be sentenced April 14 in Circuit Judge Michael West’s courtroom.
“This is not an individual who can say, ‘But I didn’t know what might happen,’” Senior Assistant Prosecutor Mona Armstrong said after the... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike