Monaco rescues draw against CSKA to Akinfeev's despair
MOSCOW — With his CSKA Moscow team held to a late draw, Igor Akinfeev may just have been the unluckiest man in the Champions League on Tuesday.
The CSKA goalkeeper was trying to rid himself of an unwanted record — now standing at 10 years and 40 games without a Champions League clean sheet — and produced some spectacular saves against Monaco. But Akinfeev was left enraged as defensive errors helped Monaco to rescue a 1-1 draw.
Bernardo Silva was the man to dash Akinfeev's hopes, darting in to score in the 87th minute off a loose ball, the result of an acrobatic one-handed save by Akinfeev.... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world
- 18:52 Trump claims Gov. Cuomo told him he wouldn't run against him
- 18:42 Gun issued to gubernatorial candidate Lupe Valdez goes missing
- 16:47 Santa Fe shooting prompts jump in number of Texas school marshals,...