Monaco rescues draw against CSKA to Akinfeev's despair
MOSCOW — With his CSKA Moscow team held to a late draw, Igor Akinfeev may just have been the unluckiest man in the Champions League on Tuesday.
The CSKA goalkeeper was trying to rid himself of an unwanted record — now standing at 10 years and 40 games without a Champions League clean sheet — and produced some spectacular saves against Monaco. But Akinfeev was left enraged as defensive errors helped Monaco to rescue a 1-1 draw.
Bernardo Silva was the man to dash Akinfeev's hopes, darting in to score in the 87th minute off a loose ball, the result of an acrobatic one-handed save by Akinfeev.... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...