Moore: ASU-UA men's basketball haven't performed well under scrutiny
If you're a fan of either the Arizona or Arizona State men's basketball teams and you want your squad to win Thursday at Wells Fargo Arena, stop looking.
The Hawthorne effect has jammed up each of these programs this season, leading to wild swings in performance.
The phenomenon also is known as the “observer effect,” and the short version is that the act of watching something changes its behavior.
In sports, it's not necessarily a negative, though the Wildcats and Sun Devils don't seem to know that. It's OK, though, they can turn to the example of a guy who knows how to dance, and golf,... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House