Moore: ASU-UA men's basketball haven't performed well under scrutiny
If you're a fan of either the Arizona or Arizona State men's basketball teams and you want your squad to win Thursday at Wells Fargo Arena, stop looking.
The Hawthorne effect has jammed up each of these programs this season, leading to wild swings in performance.
The phenomenon also is known as the “observer effect,” and the short version is that the act of watching something changes its behavior.
In sports, it's not necessarily a negative, though the Wildcats and Sun Devils don't seem to know that. It's OK, though, they can turn to the example of a guy who knows how to dance, and golf,... read more
- 16:35 Severe winter storm, heavy snow headed to northern Arizona
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool
- 14:44 Mets GM Sandy Alderson believes Tim Tebow will eventually play in MLB
- 14:18 Ex-cheerleading coach pleads guilty to attempted molestation
- 13:38 Crash in Phoenix leaves one person dead, police say
- 13:14 The Latest: Trump to meet with Florida high school students
- 12:54 Florida suspect's red flags weren't enough to stop gun buy
- 12:01 Four great new fiction titles for teens and John Green fans