Moore: Herman Edwards start his days with predawn workouts, drops Herm-isms the entire time
CLOSE Edwards: Wants to "lead with my feet, not my seat."
It's 4:30 a.m., and Herman Edwards is already working.
He's on a treadmill, walking at a fierce incline with a towel over the dashboard so he can't see how much time is left. He doesn't run. Edwards is in great shape, but his knees are 63 years old and played 10 years in the NFL back before player safety was much of a concern.
“You a runner?” he asks a visitor. “I don't run anymore.”
This is how the newly settled Arizona State University football coach starts most of his days. He gets up and out while most of his players,... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...