Moore: Jon Rahm, Phil Mickelson battle in Waste Management Phoenix Open first round
Golf comes with style at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
The pairings have subtext. The play is intense. And the fans strike a balance between savvy and sauced up.
Bill Hass jumped out to an early lead Thursday at TPC Scottsdale, shooting 7-under (64), and 10 other players were within three shots.
But zoom in on the 16th, “the most exciting hole on the PGA Tour,” where 16,000 fans packed into the grandstands, boozing and bellowing, cheering and chugging.
Jon Rahm recognized the opportunity to blend spectacle with sport and swapped his hat for a headband that would have given Sylvester... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez