Moore: Mackenzie Dern the next Ronda Rousey? Watch and find out in debut at UFC 222
One headline says she's the next Ronda Rousey. The next headline says she's not.
It doesn't matter, Mackenzie Dern is eager to show and prove.
“I'm not so much nervous,” the 24-year-old Dern said ahead of her big-time debut Saturday, on the undercard of Cris Cyborg vs. Yana Kunitskaya at UFC 222 in Las Vegas. “I'm excited. I'm ready.”
The Rousey comparisons are easy, and Dern gets that.
“Pretty girl that's a fighter, you know?” she said.
Beyond that, each came into MMA with a thick resume of accomplishments. Rousey as an Olympic judo bronze medalist. Dern as a jujitsu champion with an Abu... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House