Moore: With No. 1 pick, cap space and talented young players, it's all about the now for Suns
Suns fans at Talking Stick Resort Arena for an NBA draft lottery party Tuesday jumped to their feet when they learned the Grizzlies ended up with the fourth pick, sparing the Phoenix faithful the worst-case scenario they braced for.
They shot into hysterics when they found out they had the No. 1 selection.
Air cannons blasted confetti. Men in suits high-fived. And everyone exhaled.
Maybe the frustration that has hovered over the franchise for almost a decade is fading?
“Wow,” General Manager Ryan McDonough said on a conference call from Chicago. “Just wow. It was an unbelievable night for... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...