Moore: With No. 1 pick, cap space and talented young players, it's all about the now for Suns
Suns fans at Talking Stick Resort Arena for an NBA draft lottery party Tuesday jumped to their feet when they learned the Grizzlies ended up with the fourth pick, sparing the Phoenix faithful the worst-case scenario they braced for.
They shot into hysterics when they found out they had the No. 1 selection.
Air cannons blasted confetti. Men in suits high-fived. And everyone exhaled.
Maybe the frustration that has hovered over the franchise for almost a decade is fading?
“Wow,” General Manager Ryan McDonough said on a conference call from Chicago. “Just wow. It was an unbelievable night for... read more
- 11:57 Sutherland Springs survivor urges gun owners to push back against NRA
- 11:18 The Latest: US team heading to Singapore to work on summit
- 10:19 Family grateful for Utah man's 'miracle' Venezuela release
- 09:36 Resistance makes subtle impact even where Trump is popular
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care