More pre-K classrooms needed, educators say
slideshow There are now twice as many pre-kindergarten classrooms in Piedmont’s schools as there were last year, but there are still more students than there are spots in classrooms, school administrators say.
In Jacksonville, administrators started two pre-K classes at Kitty Stone Elementary this year, paid for in part with a $120,000 state grant The two classes are a start, but more are needed, administrators say.
And in Anniston on Tuesday night, city leaders agreed to pay $180,000 to Anniston City Schools to create three additional pre-K classes, bringing the system’s total to six.
The... read more
- 02:59 Mueller probe gets info from ex-Trump lawyer Cohen
- 02:40 Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- 00:49 Trump: Allies concerned about declassifying Russia papers
- 23:50 Trump stumping for Sen. Dean Heller in Las Vegas
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches