More than Metta World Peace's son: Jeron Artest making a name at Hillcrest Prep
CLOSE Hillcrest Prep guard Jeron Artest, son of Ron Artest - aka Metta World Peace - is forging his own basketball path.
Jeron Artest has a picture of his father's NBA championship ring on his Facebook page.
He knows if it wasn't for Metta World Peace providing him the chance to develop his game and travel, he wouldn't be at Phoenix Hillcrest Prep, where the 6-foot-3 sophomore guard is winding down a season in which he is averaging 12 points, five rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.9 steals.
Artest's name is famous - whether his dad is remembered as Metta World Peace, who hit a 3-pointer to help... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House