Morgan Schild, Americans miss chance to compete for a medal in freestyle skiing
CLOSE The 20-year-old former soccer and softball player at Pittsford Sutherland, who grew up skiing at Bristol Mountain, earned her first spot on the U.S. moguls team on Jan. 11. The Olympics start Feb. 9 in South Korea.
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea - Olympic experience matters.
That was the painful lesson the U.S. women's moguls ski team had to absorb together Sunday night when it was shut out of medals for the first time since 2006.
All four Americans, including Pittsford native Morgan Schild who was was seeded third after the first round of qualifications, made it through to the 20-woman... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida