Moroccan woman in Berlusconi sex scandal to face new trial
MILAN – A judge has indicted the Moroccan woman at the center of former Premier Silvio Berlusconi's sex-for-hire scandal on charges of giving false testimony.
The judge set Jan. 11 as the opening date for the trial of Karima el-Mahroug and 22 others accused of accepting bribes and lying on the stand to protect Berlusconi in his trial on charges of having paid for sex with el-Mahroug — whose stage name was Ruby the Heartstealer — when she was an under-age teenager and he premier, and then using his influence to cover it up. Berlusconi was acquitted in the case on appeal.
Berlusconi also... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...