Movement to call migrant detention centers 'concentration camps' swells online
Critics aren't doing their due diligence by labeling prisons for migrants "detention centers," a growing number of activists and critics argue.
The effort to relabel the detention centers picked up steam on Tuesday after McClatchy reported that the Trump administration was looking to build "tent cities" around Texas in order to house migrant children separated from their parents.
"Correction: America is planning on bringing back Concentration Camps for people of color," wrote civil rights advocate Qasim Rashid on Twitter.
"Call it what it really is,"... read more
- 00:27 Trump defiant despite rising outrage over border separations
- 00:27 In tit-for-tat, Trump threatens more tariffs against China
- 00:15 Origins of family separation issue stretch back many years
- 20:10 What life inside Japanese internment camps was like
- 19:33 All 5 first ladies speak out on family separations at border
- 19:11 Judge: Kansas cannot require proof of citizenship to vote
- 18:45 Ted Cruz introducing legislation to keep migrant families together
- 15:28 Records: Trump Tower failed to follow fish protection rules
- 14:50 Trump official denies separating families. O'Rourke fires back:...
- 10:35 SJC rejects putting 'millionaire tax' on ballot