Movie review: ‘Trance’
The trick in “Trance” is all in the telling.
A frisky, feisty heist flick with brains and charisma, the movie may make a few errors, but they’re forgotten in the blink of an eye thanks to all the twists, turns and close shaves.
Director Danny Boyle makes his movies spin on the rush of storytelling. In “Shallow Grave,” “Trainspotting,” “The Beach,” “28 Days Later,” “Slumdog Millionaire” and “127 Hours,” it’s the illuminating bits of back story and memory — often accompanied by incantatory musical scores — that make those movies, even the lesser ones, feel rich. While “Trance” may not leave... read more
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida