Murder of Delauna Anderson prompts Mobile police chief to vent frustrations on social media
In the aftermath of the murder of 24-year-old Delauna Anderson of Mobile, the city's 33rd homicide victim of the year, Mobile Police Department Chief James Barber took to social media to vent his frustrations on violent crime.
Just before 8 p.m. Tuesday night Barber wrote a post saying he wants to start a conversation about the unprecedented amount of gun violence in the city.
"Here is a new name that I want all of us to talk about and repeat: Delauna Anderson. She was our victim today. She wasn't involved in any at risk behavior that we know of. She is a single mom of a five year old... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...