My Turn: Glendale is a cautionary tale on publicly funded sports facilities
CLOSESkip in SkipxEmbed
azcentral sports' Jay Dieffenbach and azcentral's Craig Harris discuss the latest on the Coyotes' search for an arena and the Diamondbacks' feud with the county over Chase Field.
Dear Coyotes, if you can't make it in Glendale, you can't make it anywhere.
Taxpayers handed the Coyotes one of the best deals in the NHL; now they are abandoning Gila River Arena to fight for a brand new, publicly funded east Valley arena.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman sent a letter last month to all members of the Arizona Legislature, staunchly reaffirming the NHL's firm agenda to... read more
- 16:20 White House names Erin Nealy Cox as top federal prosecutor in Dallas
- 16:17 It's huntin' season for Cardinals linebacker Markus Golden and...
- 15:46 NL wild card race: Will Diamondbacks face Rockies, Brewers or...
- 15:27 State report: Arizona's Medicaid program would lose $10.4 billion...
- 15:06 Dr. William Butler, former president, historian of Baylor College...
- 15:04 Ezekiel Elliott drama surrounds Cowboys entering Monday Night...
- 14:51 ASU football vs. Oregon Ducks: Scouting report and prediction
- 13:46 Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- 13:31 Harris County could see budget cuts due to Hurricane Harvey's...
- 13:20 Rutgers football avoids major penalties, as NCAA issues ruling on...