My Turn: Glendale is a cautionary tale on publicly funded sports facilities
CLOSESkip in SkipxEmbed
azcentral sports' Jay Dieffenbach and azcentral's Craig Harris discuss the latest on the Coyotes' search for an arena and the Diamondbacks' feud with the county over Chase Field.
Dear Coyotes, if you can't make it in Glendale, you can't make it anywhere.
Taxpayers handed the Coyotes one of the best deals in the NHL; now they are abandoning Gila River Arena to fight for a brand new, publicly funded east Valley arena.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman sent a letter last month to all members of the Arizona Legislature, staunchly reaffirming the NHL's firm agenda to... read more
- 18:51 Glendale police: Man in 2 sexual assaults posed as police officer
- 18:40 Young Republicans: Moore victory 'will not be a win for our party'
- 18:33 Gila County official charged in Minnesota with child abuse shortly...
- 18:12 Scooter Molander steps down as Brophy Prep football coach
- 18:09 Arizona Cardinals release running back Andre Ellington
- 18:03 Republic of Texas map back in official hands, after 173 years
- 17:19 So close: St. Mary's Food Bank just 1,500 turkeys away from...
- 17:18 Arizona high school boys basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 17:04 Arizona high school girls basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 16:54 Melania Trump takes custody of White House Christmas tree