My Turn: Glendale is a cautionary tale on publicly funded sports facilities
CLOSESkip in SkipxEmbed
azcentral sports' Jay Dieffenbach and azcentral's Craig Harris discuss the latest on the Coyotes' search for an arena and the Diamondbacks' feud with the county over Chase Field.
Dear Coyotes, if you can't make it in Glendale, you can't make it anywhere.
Taxpayers handed the Coyotes one of the best deals in the NHL; now they are abandoning Gila River Arena to fight for a brand new, publicly funded east Valley arena.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman sent a letter last month to all members of the Arizona Legislature, staunchly reaffirming the NHL's firm agenda to... read more
- 18:50 Trump replacing McMaster with Bolton
- 17:17 Investigators combing through confessed bomberâs âtarget listâ
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer