My Turn: Glendale is a cautionary tale on publicly funded sports facilities
CLOSESkip in SkipxEmbed
azcentral sports' Jay Dieffenbach and azcentral's Craig Harris discuss the latest on the Coyotes' search for an arena and the Diamondbacks' feud with the county over Chase Field.
Dear Coyotes, if you can't make it in Glendale, you can't make it anywhere.
Taxpayers handed the Coyotes one of the best deals in the NHL; now they are abandoning Gila River Arena to fight for a brand new, publicly funded east Valley arena.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman sent a letter last month to all members of the Arizona Legislature, staunchly reaffirming the NHL's firm agenda to... read more
- 01:57 Mueller team would hardly be first lawyers to question Trump
- 01:57 House panel subpoenas Bannon in Russia probe showdown
- 01:57 Brophy boys soccer's senior night ends in draw with Chandler
- 01:06 2 men accused of breaking into sleeping family's home after police...
- 01:06 Kris Jenner's Thunderbird among celebrity cars for auction at...
- 00:45 Five-star forward Taeshon Cherry commits to ASU basketball
- 00:32 Aced it: Doc says Trump got perfect score on cognitive test
- 00:32 Walmart offers way to turn leftover opioids into useless gel
- 00:09 Chandler police: Woman called 911, said she strangled mother
- 23:29 2 critically injured after vehicle hits Valley Metro bus in Phoenix