Myers, Alaska natural resources commissioner, quits; Rutherford is acting replacement
JUNEAU — Alaska Department of Natural Resources Commissioner Mark Myers announced his retirement Tuesday.
His departure from state government will be effective March 1, he wrote in an email to department staff.
"After much soul searching, I have decided that it is time for me to retire from state service," the email says. "I am retiring for personal reasons. I look forward to more time with my family, including aging parents, kids in college and my wife of 33 years."
Deputy Commissioner Marty Rutherford will head the department on an acting basis. The position is one of... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant