Mystery cloaks Japanese dad of 13 born from Thai surrogates
TOKYO (AP) — A Japanese businessman who won legal custody of his 13 children born from surrogates in Thailand is virtually anonymous in his home country.
Mitsutoki Shigeta, who was granted sole custody by a Thai court on Tuesday, is the son of the founder of Japanese telecom and insurance company Hikari Tsushin. As a major shareholder, he earns millions of dollars a year in dividends. But in Japan, he keeps an extremely low profile.
Aggressive tabloid reports after the babies were discovered in a Bangkok condominium in 2014 quickly faded, allegedly after defamation lawsuits and pressure... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston