Mystery cloaks Japanese dad of 13 born from Thai surrogates
TOKYO (AP) — A Japanese businessman who won legal custody of his 13 children born from surrogates in Thailand is virtually anonymous in his home country.
Mitsutoki Shigeta, who was granted sole custody by a Thai court on Tuesday, is the son of the founder of Japanese telecom and insurance company Hikari Tsushin. As a major shareholder, he earns millions of dollars a year in dividends. But in Japan, he keeps an extremely low profile.
Aggressive tabloid reports after the babies were discovered in a Bangkok condominium in 2014 quickly faded, allegedly after defamation lawsuits and pressure... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents