Mystery cloaks Japanese dad of 13 born from Thai surrogates
TOKYO (AP) — A Japanese businessman who won legal custody of his 13 children born from surrogates in Thailand is virtually anonymous in his home country.
Mitsutoki Shigeta, who was granted sole custody by a Thai court on Tuesday, is the son of the founder of Japanese telecom and insurance company Hikari Tsushin. As a major shareholder, he earns millions of dollars a year in dividends. But in Japan, he keeps an extremely low profile.
Aggressive tabloid reports after the babies were discovered in a Bangkok condominium in 2014 quickly faded, allegedly after defamation lawsuits and pressure... read more
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...
- 22:38 Trump calls for death penalty to 'get tough' on drug pushers
- 21:43 Colts add tight end Eric Ebron in free agency
- 21:42 Diamondbacks' Steven Souza looking to trim back on strikeouts
- 21:18 About that Isaac Haas brace project Purdue coach Matt Painter...
- 21:02 Florida High hires Charlie Ward as boys basketball coach