N.C. Attorney General to appeal Duke Energy rate increase – again
N.C. Attorney General Roy Cooper plans to appeal – for a second time – a 7.2 percent rate increase for Duke Energy, a move believed to be the first time the same utility rate increase will be appealed twice to the N.C. Supreme Court.
Cooper, a Democrat who is expected to run for governor in 2016, is underscoring a pronounced economic shift in North Carolina. The state was once known for having some of the nation's cheapest electric rates but lately has been catching up to the rest of the country as utilities here come in for regular rate hikes.
Cooper contends that the... read more
- 18:50 Trump replacing McMaster with Bolton
- 17:17 Investigators combing through confessed bomberâs âtarget listâ
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer