N.C. Attorney General to appeal Duke Energy rate increase – again
N.C. Attorney General Roy Cooper plans to appeal – for a second time – a 7.2 percent rate increase for Duke Energy, a move believed to be the first time the same utility rate increase will be appealed twice to the N.C. Supreme Court.
Cooper, a Democrat who is expected to run for governor in 2016, is underscoring a pronounced economic shift in North Carolina. The state was once known for having some of the nation's cheapest electric rates but lately has been catching up to the rest of the country as utilities here come in for regular rate hikes.
Cooper contends that the... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...