N.C. Attorney General to appeal Duke Energy rate increase – again
N.C. Attorney General Roy Cooper plans to appeal – for a second time – a 7.2 percent rate increase for Duke Energy, a move believed to be the first time the same utility rate increase will be appealed twice to the N.C. Supreme Court.
Cooper, a Democrat who is expected to run for governor in 2016, is underscoring a pronounced economic shift in North Carolina. The state was once known for having some of the nation's cheapest electric rates but lately has been catching up to the rest of the country as utilities here come in for regular rate hikes.
Cooper contends that the... read more
- 02:59 Mueller probe gets info from ex-Trump lawyer Cohen
- 02:40 Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- 00:49 Trump: Allies concerned about declassifying Russia papers
- 23:50 Trump stumping for Sen. Dean Heller in Las Vegas
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches