NASCAR owners have aged gracefully - but who will take over?
What is it about NASCAR that Jimmie Johnson, the winner of 83 races and a record-tying seven Monster Energy Cup Series championships, finds "scary"?
No, not the 200 mph speeds. Not racing two inches from other drivers in next Sunday's TicketGuardian 500 at ISM Raceway (formerly Phoenix International Raceway).
It's the danger represented by another number: 76.6.
That's the average age of the eight team owners fielding almost half the maximum Cup Series lineup of 40 cars. Combined, they won 29 of last season's 36 races.
Rick Hendrick (drivers Johnson, Chase Elliott, Alex Bowman,... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler