NASCAR owners have aged gracefully - but who will take over?
What is it about NASCAR that Jimmie Johnson, the winner of 83 races and a record-tying seven Monster Energy Cup Series championships, finds "scary"?
No, not the 200 mph speeds. Not racing two inches from other drivers in next Sunday's TicketGuardian 500 at ISM Raceway (formerly Phoenix International Raceway).
It's the danger represented by another number: 76.6.
That's the average age of the eight team owners fielding almost half the maximum Cup Series lineup of 40 cars. Combined, they won 29 of last season's 36 races.
Rick Hendrick (drivers Johnson, Chase Elliott, Alex Bowman,... read more
- 06:50 Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he assaulted me
- 02:05 Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo on Steven Souza Jr. injury:...
- 01:41 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 00:53 Trump targets China as US businesses await backlash
- 00:22 White House issues threat over leaked Trump briefing papers
- 22:39 Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Zack Greinke’s latest tune-up goes...
- 21:29 Austin residents relieved, but still searching for answers
- 21:17 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 20:14 Phoenix Suns' Alex Len sees his time in Valley 'probably' coming to...
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...