National Democrats could thwart their hope for turning Texas blue
The biggest threat to a blue wave forming in Texas in 2018 may be the very Democrats who are trying to generate it.
In less than 10 days, national Democrats have jumped into two key congressional races in Houston and provoked a firestorm of controversy that threatens to undermine Democratic momentum that has been building for over a year, Texas political experts warn.
"Every time there has been national intervention by national Democrats in a Texas race, it has always been chaotic and damaged them in the long run," said Brandon Rottinghaus, a political science professor with the... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...