National teamers welcome role in helping USA Swimming make sport safer
For the U.S. Olympic Committee and its member organizations, the path to restoring credibility that athletes are safe from sexual abuse will be long and subject to unprecedented scrutiny.
The brave and riveting testimony of more than 150 victims against former Michigan State and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar in January led to Nassar receiving a 40-175-year prison sentence.
In February, the Southern California News Group published a lengthy story about USA Swimming's inability to change a culture of sexual abuse by its club coaches, leading to the resignation of USA Swimming director of... read more
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it
- 00:29 North Korea's offer of concessions comes with a catch for US
- 00:29 Trump's tariffs put GOP candidates in a bind in rural areas