Natural-gas explosion injures 3 at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport
CLOSE Readers can send news tips to azcentral.com via the newspaper's social media channels, email or by calling the office.
Three people were hurt, one seriously, in a natural-gas explosion at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport on Wednesday morning, officials said.
The injured people were private contractors working to transfer compressed natural gas at a building on airport property. An airport spokesman said the building was not near the runway or part of airport operations.
Two of the workers were treated at the scene.
"Air Traffic Control operations were halted for 10 minutes out of... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...