NBC will televise Winter Olympics live in prime time across United States
Yes, the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics are half a world away from the United States.
But the time difference - 14 hours ahead of the East Coast, 16 hours ahead of Arizona - actually works for NBC, which will be showing live coverage in prime time in every U.S. time zone for the first time during a Winter Olympics.
This will create a "unique collective experience," said Jim Bell, NBC Olympic president. Something the network hopes will be akin to showing Michael Phelps' swimming finals from the 2008 Beijing Olympics live in the U.S. And NBC hopes keep viewers away from counter... read more
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great