NBC will televise Winter Olympics live in prime time across United States
Yes, the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics are half a world away from the United States.
But the time difference - 14 hours ahead of the East Coast, 16 hours ahead of Arizona - actually works for NBC, which will be showing live coverage in prime time in every U.S. time zone for the first time during a Winter Olympics.
This will create a "unique collective experience," said Jim Bell, NBC Olympic president. Something the network hopes will be akin to showing Michael Phelps' swimming finals from the 2008 Beijing Olympics live in the U.S. And NBC hopes keep viewers away from counter... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez