NCAA tournament: Wofford's top scorer Karl Cochran grew up in Ohio hearing about Michigan
Until Karl Cochran was about 6 years old, he lived in Columbus.
Yes, that Columbus, Ohio, where his family made sure he knew what was important in life: disliking that team up north.
So when Cochran's No. 15 seed Wofford basketball team drew the No. 2-seeded Wolverines for the NCAA tournament opener during Sunday night's selection show, his phone started bouncing.
With so many family members still in Columbus, they wanted to reinforce their hatred for the Wolverines and support for him.
I thought it was kind of funny, Cochran said this week. After the selections, a couple of my cousins... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein