Needles all over: What to do if you find syringes in public
Syringes left by drug users are increasingly turning up in public places, and authorities offer this advice if you or your children should encounter any:
DON'T PICK THEM UP
You could get exposed to drugs or disease, or unwittingly dispose of them improperly.
CALL SOMEONE TO PICK THEM UP
Check with your local information hotline or health department, which can take care of it or direct you to people who can. Don't call 911 unless directed, or unless there is imminent danger or an emergency.
IF YOU DO IT YOURSELF
You're not advised to pick them up, but if you do, minimize any hand... read more
- 18:02 Arizona Wildcats release mens basketball schedule for 2017-18
- 17:58 John Kelly photographed with his head in hands during Trump speech,...
- 17:45 Brophy Prep's Jaxson Baker commits to Central Arkansas for basketball
- 17:18 Amazon rejects Tucson's gift of a 21-foot saguaro cactus
- 17:12 Moore: Don't look now, but Arizona Diamondbacks could be on another...
- 16:58 Winners and losers in GOP's last-ditch health overhaul
- 16:43 Fatal stabbing closes Thomas Road east of I-17 in Phoenix
- 15:54 Appeals court blocks San Francisco warning law for soda ads
- 15:00 FDA OKs Glaxo's inhaler, first one to combine 3 medicines
- 14:45 Ahwatukee icon moves as church makes way for South Mountain Freeway