Needles all over: What to do if you find syringes in public
Syringes left by drug users are increasingly turning up in public places, and authorities offer this advice if you or your children should encounter any:
DON'T PICK THEM UP
You could get exposed to drugs or disease, or unwittingly dispose of them improperly.
CALL SOMEONE TO PICK THEM UP
Check with your local information hotline or health department, which can take care of it or direct you to people who can. Don't call 911 unless directed, or unless there is imminent danger or an emergency.
IF YOU DO IT YOURSELF
You're not advised to pick them up, but if you do, minimize any hand... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...