Needles all over: What to do if you find syringes in public
Syringes left by drug users are increasingly turning up in public places, and authorities offer this advice if you or your children should encounter any:
DON'T PICK THEM UP
You could get exposed to drugs or disease, or unwittingly dispose of them improperly.
CALL SOMEONE TO PICK THEM UP
Check with your local information hotline or health department, which can take care of it or direct you to people who can. Don't call 911 unless directed, or unless there is imminent danger or an emergency.
IF YOU DO IT YOURSELF
You're not advised to pick them up, but if you do, minimize any hand... read more
- 10:18 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces
- 10:04 50 students start down grueling path in Mayo Med School's inaugural...
- 09:45 Arizona Supreme Court lets ruling stand that protects Republic...
- 09:41 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces.
- 08:34 The Latest: Trump blasts Murkowski on health care vote
- 08:23 Britain to ban sale of new diesel, gasoline cars by 2040
- 08:00 Lower global tax rate boosts Ford in second quarter
- 05:05 Trump: Liberation from 'Obamacare nightmare' is close
- 04:30 Parents, former Scouts alarmed by Trump's speech at jamboree
- 04:30 Senate Judiciary Committee withdraws subpoena for Manafort