'Never be ashamed,' pope tells immigrants in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA -- Speaking from the steps outside Independence Hall, Pope Francis asked the world's religions Saturday to embrace peace and tolerance and told America's immigrants to stay strong and "never be ashamed" of their traditions.
Francis said he greeted Latino immigrants Saturday with "particular affection" and gave them particularly strong words of encouragement. "Thank you for opening the doors," the pope said.
"Do not be discouraged by whatever challenges and hardships you face," said Francis, who delivered his speech in Spanish and said... read more
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida