New book: Girls feel pressure to achieve, but failure is OK
Girl power. Breaking glass ceilings. Anything is possible. You can be the first female president.
Positive messages, right? Well, maybe not so much when we push our girls and young women to achieve, or over-achieve. But they’re invincible, right? Young and invincible. Capable of doing anything merely because of their youth and promise.
In her new book Enough As She Is: How to Help Girls Move Beyond Impossible Standards of Success to Live Healthy, Happy, and Fulfilling Lives (Harper, 234 pp, ★★★ out of four), author Rachel Simmons clearly shows the damage being done to girls.
Enough As She... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...