New boy, new man: Chris Herrmann ready for baseball after wife's challenging pregnancy
CLOSE In the middle of the 2017 MLB season, Diamondbacks catcher Chris Herrmann and wife, Shelby, nearly lost their son midway through the pregnancy. David Wallace/The Republic
Lying on her side, her legs propped up by pillows, Shelby Herrmann felt a guilt she knew was misplaced. Every night last summer, she watched her husband's season unfold on television. She saw the frustration on his face. She couldn't shake the notion it was her - her body - that was causing it all.
Her husband, Chris, the Diamondbacks' backup catcher, was having a terrible year. He was not hitting. Normally... read more
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...
- 19:15 Scottsdale daredevil Valerie Thompson crashes at more than 340 mph...
- 18:57 Diamondbacks' Brad Boxberger eager to embrace his role, whatever it...
- 18:35 High school baseball roundup: Desert Mountain stuns No. 1 Basha
- 18:13 Arizona Cardinals Insiders Podcast: Offseason grade and mailbag...
- 17:41 Study: Medical bankruptcies may not be as common as thought
- 17:41 Leading AIDS researcher selected as CDC director
- 17:07 Trump pushing Europe to fix Iran deal he may blow up anyway
- 16:27 Moore: Will Sean Miller stay at Arizona after tournament loss, NCAA...
- 16:21 Chris Mack? Shaka Smart? Who will be Louisville's next basketball...