New boy, new man: Chris Herrmann ready for baseball after wife's challenging pregnancy
CLOSE In the middle of the 2017 MLB season, Diamondbacks catcher Chris Herrmann and wife, Shelby, nearly lost their son midway through the pregnancy. David Wallace/The Republic
Lying on her side, her legs propped up by pillows, Shelby Herrmann felt a guilt she knew was misplaced. Every night last summer, she watched her husband's season unfold on television. She saw the frustration on his face. She couldn't shake the notion it was her - her body - that was causing it all.
Her husband, Chris, the Diamondbacks' backup catcher, was having a terrible year. He was not hitting. Normally... read more
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat