New clashes at Jerusalem holy site
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli riot police briefly clashed with young Palestinian protesters at Jerusalem's most sensitive holy site early Sunday, raising tensions ahead of a major Jewish holiday. No injuries or arrests were reported.
The clashes occurred at a hilltop compound in Jerusalem's Old City that is revered by Jews and Muslims. The site is a frequent flashpoint of violence, and Israel has beefed up security around the area following several rounds of clashes in recent weeks.
In Sunday's incident, police said a small group of masked Palestinian youths threw stones and firecrackers at... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco